In 2018, I recapped my year with a blog post full of memories.
This year, I’m recapping my year with a more tangible exploration of growth: the things I accomplished, the ways I changed, the lessons I learned, my favorite memories, and the biggest things I’m carrying with me into 2020.
The Things I Accomplished:
The things I learned and the ways I changed:
Goals for 2020:
List of Favorites:
- Hanging out with friends in St. Petersburg, Florida. Best part of the weekend: getting a behind-the-scenes tour of the Tampa Bay Rays training camp and Tropicana Field.
- Spending a weekend at my friend’s farm on the Kiawah River, where I learned to sail a sunfish, watched the sun set on the river, and watched a meteor shower on the back porch late at night talking philosophy and life.
- Canoeing on a still, secluded lake in Michigan while the leaves were turning colors — so much blue on the water and the orange on the trees — and having a campfire on the beach lake that night (and reading Hemingway’s Up in Michigan late at night)
- Spending my birthday weekend in Pittsburgh catching up with lots of old friends
- Spending a weekend going to the mountains and the ocean all in the same day, just because I could
- A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
- The Inner Game of Tennis by Timothy Gallwey
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things
- The Act of Creation by Arthur Koestler